Mindfulness Matters! Balance your mind, body and soul.
Mindfulness offers a breakthrough in the treatment of stress, anxiety, depression, overthinking life’s issues or for relaxation.
I offer an eight week mindfulness & meditation course, or one-to-one mindfulness coaching, including mindfulness based hypnotherapy.
What is mindfulness?
Mindfulness is a life skill which can deepen our sense of wellbeing and fulfilment. It involves paying attention to what is occurring in our present moment experience, with an attitude of openness and non-judgmental acceptance. It engages all of our senses as we open to our entire experience, becoming aware of our body, emotions, thoughts and the external environment.
It is about “coming back to our senses”, being in touch with ourselves, with others and our surroundings in the present moment. It is a natural and intuitive state of presence in which we can feel more connected, real and alive. Mindfulness is a state of being which is accessible to every one of us. It is also a skill which we can cultivate more deeply in our lives. Some experience of Mindful presence will have been felt by all of us during some moment in our life, but perhaps we did not know what is was, when we experienced it.
It’s a fusion of Mind based stress reduction and mind based cognitive behavior, which gives us a framework to offer an evidence based approach to helping people, particularly with a history of depression. Such people are vulnerable to relapse and the MBCT programe can help them to be aware of bodily sensations, thoughts and feelings and then to make an adaptive response to the early signs of recurring depression. MBSCT looks at all aspects of the Mind, Body and Soul.
What my mindfulness course offers you . . .
• History Of Mindfulness, demystifying mindfulness.
• What can mindfulness help with?/benefits of using mindfulness.
• Beginners Mind, teaching Mindfulness Meditation, setting the scene for meditation,
• Breathing exercises.
• Reasons for practising Mindfulness
• 7 Attitudes of Mindfulness, and how to incorporate into your life
• Why we store stress in the body ,
• Body scan Meditation, (cd included).
• Stress & Anxiety, how it affects us, and how mindfulness helps us learn coping techniques. Sleep Patterns
• How to stop Worrying, and taking a positive approach to life
• 3 Minute breathing Space Meditation
• Attitude to happiness & the flow state
• Loving Kindness and Compassion, for ourselves and others
• Relationships, boundaries, and limitations
• Loving Kindness Meditation
• The benefits of mindfulness movements
• Walking meditation
• Mountain meditation
• Emotional Intelligence, why all emotions have their roles, accepting they are all part of life’s rich tapestry
• Using Mindfulness to tame the flames of anger, drama, guilt, repression, suppression
• Compassionate Meditation
• Mindfulness Eating & Drinking, how mindfulness can help us loose weight and curtail our drinking or any other unwanted habits
• Looking at working with Pain, using mindfulness .
• Healing Lake Meditation
• Utilizing all material from sessions to provide a solid mindfulness practise. How to incorporate into our daily life.
Research shows that mindfulness can help with the following:
• Stress reduction
• Clarity and focus
• Greater resilience
• Enhanced creativity
• Improved relationships
• Improved concentration
• Rapport and communication
• Improved health and wellbeing
• Greater confidence and self-esteem
• Ability to have better quality sleep
• Reduced anxiety and depression
• Improved work-life balance
• Greater work satisfaction
• Memory enhancement
• Pain reduction
Interested? Get in touch